A little about me
I live in Scotland, and more specifically, the wonderful City of Dundee on the east coast. That means I am lucky to have some of the best locations and scenery right on my doorstep, just waiting for me (or something like that!) My amazing wife, keeps me grounded and helps me out a lot, whilst my daughters are also the subject of my images from time to time…
I started off taking photos as a hobby to try and capture some of the great sights I was very fortunate of visiting and very quickly my work started to progress far quicker than I could have imagined. I started getting requests to purchase prints and supply imagery for various purposes, especially to promote Dundee and the broader areas and once I had my website up, the orders continued to come in.
I am entirely self-taught, learning a lot from Dundee Photographic Society (DPS) and a lot from trial and error. DPS a well established club with a large number of members (one of the biggest in Scotland), which has a wide membership renowned for their quality work. I am on the council for the Society and have also served as Competition’s Secretary and Vice President.
Multi-Award Winning Photographer
– The Art of Building 2018 – Finalist (Top 12)
– Scottish Landscape Photographer of the Year 2017 – Finalist/Highly Commended
– Sony World Photography Awards 2016 – Top 50/Commended
– Scottish Landscape Photographer of the Year 2016 – Finalist/Commended
– Monochrome Photography Awards 2016 – Honourable Mention (3 Images)
– Landscape Photographer of the Year 2016 – Commended (2 Images)
– EPSON International Pano Awards 2016 – 3 Silver/3 Bronze
– UK EISA Maestro Landscape Competition 2016 – 2nd Place
– Scottish Landscape Photographer of the Year 2015 – Finalist/Commended
– International Landscape Photographer of the Year 2015 – Top 101 (2 Images)
– Scottish Landscape Photographer of the Year 2014 – Finalist/Commended
– HIPA 2013 Competition – Finalist
– Landscape Photographer of the Year 2011 – National Rail Award Winner
– National Geographic International Photography Contest 2011 – Highly Commended
I very much enjoy taking pictures and hope to be doing it for a long time to come. Building on my experience and abilities, I will try to continually produce more quality and memorable images.
I have had the honour of being awarded the ‘Landscape Photographer of the Year 2011 – National Rail Award‘ as well as having won several other awards and prizes for my work at local, national and international levels. My images have graced magazines, brochures, billboards, foyers, walls, buses and even currency and I am proud of every one of them.
It is always fantastic to hear hear how people have made a personal connection with my work, or how it inspired them to go experience one of the many locations for themselves. Having my work on display, whether in a home or office, on a website or magazine, is an added reward.
I also run workshops and courses, particularly in Long Exposure and Studio/On-location photography, and also present my work to clubs and societies up and down the country giving advice and details on how I produce my images.
Although based in Dundee I provide photographic services all over the country and my work has been used in a range of publications and clients in a variety of industries and has also taken me to various destinations including Hong Kong, Egypt, Turkey and Dubai to name a few.
“I thought I had high standards, but the time and effort that was put into my product was very impressive”…
I am happy to meet with prospective clients to discuss their photographic needs, whether you require images for your internal company publications, sales and marketing material, web presence or for your personal needs. My aim is to provide a quality, professional, friendly and flexible service to ensure that what you need is exactly what you get. Not only that, you get the finished, edited images very quickly, often the same day.
My work can be supplied in a variety of ways such as electronic files, prints (mounted and framed) and canvases. I also produce a limited number of calendars, postcards and greeting cards. Have look through my Portfolio to see what is available.
If you would like to discuss a project or commission then please get in touch. I would love to hear from you.